Saturday, December 6, 2008

Beef Stew


I should really call this, "Your Welcome Travis Stew", because I say that a lot when I make this. I'm not a big meat and potatoes girl, but this is such an easy dish, and Travis loves it, so I make it, cause I'm awesome like that. ;).


The Goods


1 package Stew meat

1 packet of lipton onion soup mix

5 red potatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces

1 onion, chopped

1 bag of pre-cut carrots, or 5 carrots chopped by hand. I'm lazy so I buy the pre-chopped!

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

1 can of cream of celery soup


1.Put a small amount of water in your crock pot, just enough to cover the bottom. Then add your stew meat. I cook my meat one of 2 ways, either all night on a really low temp, or if I forget I will cook it on high for about 4 hours. Either way it tastes really tender and good.

2.Once the meat is cooked, add your veggies, and salt and pepper. Then add some water, about 1 1/2 cups.

3.Then on top of the veggies add your cream soups.

4.Let simmer for a few hours, and mix all together, adding salt and pepper to taste.

5.It is ready to serve as soon as the carrots and pots are all cooked through. For me this usually takes about 4-5 hours.


Enjoy.

1 comment:

jwoodruff said...

you touched red meat I am so proud of you!