Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ravioli with Sun-dried tomato cream sauce


Oh My, this is my new favorite recipe! It's not a healthy one, but it is a delicious one! I found it here, (can you tell I like this blog? I keep using her recipes...). My kids liked it, hubby liked it, and I liked it. My house smelled amazing while it was cooking too!


2 Tbsp. butter

1 garlic clove, minced (more if you want)

1 c. chicken stock or broth

1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes

2 cups whipping cream

3 tsp. cornstarch

8-12 oz. fresh or frozen ravioli *I used bertolli 20 oz., and there was plenty of sauce to cover this.

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried

2 T. chopped fresh parsley (only if using dried basil)

salt & fresh ground pepper


Melt butter in med. saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and cook 30 secs. Add stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered over medium heat about 10 mins. or until tomatoes are tender. Remove tomatoes with slotted spoon. Cut into smaller pieces. Return tomatoes to saucepan. Add cream and bring to a boil, and add your corn starch stirring consistantly. While this is simmering cook ravioli according to directions. Drain well. Add basil and/or parsley to sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix with your pasta, and that's it.


NOTE: I didn't have any fresh parsley, and totally forgot to add my basil, and this was still perfect.


Serve with a side of crusty bread to sop up the extra sauce, and there you have it!

3 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Glad you found my recipe blog- and that you like the recipes. ;)
I am in major need of updating it. But I am making this one tonight. One of my faves!

Ballard Family said...

I'm so glad I just foung your dinner blog it's always nice to get new recipes. THIS LOOKS YUMMY! I've never used sun dried tomatos what section are they in?

Hayley said...

At Wal-mart they have them in the produce section and then they have them packed in oil by the Italian section. I have bought and used both.