Thursday, November 6, 2008

Garlic Green Salad


I could live on this salad. My sister Heather made it for me once, and I crave it all the time! It has a lot of ingredients and makes a HUGE salad, so I don't make it very often, but it is just perfect.

Only try this if you like the flavor of garlic!

And I can't find the actual recipe so hopefully you will get the gist of it!

Salad

2 bags of your favorite dark greens.
1 package of sliced mushrooms.
1 package of sliced cherry tomatoes.
1 package of your favorite croutons (I personally love Cesar...)
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese.
3/4 cup of Parmesan.
1 package of bacon, cooked and crushed.
1 cup of toasted almonds. (I bought the side salad bags in the produce section, and they were delish.)


Dressing

2 TB lemon juice.
1/2 cup olive oil.
6, yes 6, garlic cloves, minced.
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Make your dressing a few hours ahead of time. Add bacon, croutons, and dressing just before serving.


Last time I made this the garlic cloves were too big, and the salad wasn't as good as usual. So adjust your garlic as needed!


Forgive this picture, it's the only one I took, and it isn't the best. This salad is beautiful!

No comments: