Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Broccoli/Mushroom casserole



Oh Goodness, I love this dish! My sister made it months ago when we went to visit, and it was a hit. I totally forgot about it till the other day, and I am pleased that it is back on our favorites list.
It's one of those recipes that doesn't have exact measurements (like most of my recipes..), but it is super easy.
Use about 3 cups of broccoli florets, washed. Throw it into a skillet, with a little bit of oil, and a bit of butter. Then add your mushrooms to the pan. (I used one package of the pre-cut mushrooms, because I'm lazy like that.)
Saute those together. The mushrooms will get soft and shrink down in size, and your broccoli will be a deeper shade of green, with a little bite left to them.
Add to your pan salt and pepper, a few teaspoons of soy sauce, and a can (or 2 depending on how much broccoli and mushrooms you've used), of cream of mushroom soup.
Mix together and let the sauce get hot and bubble.
This is a great side dish, and a great way to get your kids to eat broccoli.

No comments: