Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Bites




Tonight I made the kids a "Halloween Feast." I came up with these fun little sandwiches and they were a hit, and Stupid easy!
2 cans of recipe creations Pillsbury baking sheets.
1/2 lb of turkey or ham
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 bunch of scallions
salt and pepper to taste
I opened the baking sheets, and flattened them just a bit with a rolling pin. Then I took a pumpkin cookie cutter and cut several sections in the dough, laying them on an ungreased pan. Then I cut my meat into bite sized pieces, mixing it with softened cream cheese and diced scallion, and added some salt and pepper.
I spooned a tablespoon of filling right into the center of the dough. Then I used my second sheet of dough, cut our more pumpkins, and covered the filling with the second pumpkin, pinching the sides closed as I went.
Then I used a knife and cut a few slits through the top of the pumpkins.
Bake at 370 for 10-12 minutes.
Next time I may try these with some shredded chicken.
These were so easy to make and our Halloween Feast was complete when served with "blood soup", which is really just plain old Campbell's tomato soup...but Adyson thought that was sooo much fun!



No comments: