Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lemon Sour Cream Pasta

Forgive this picture! I promise this dish really is so pretty in real life! I'm no photographer!
Another one from here. This pasta had great potential for us, but it was way too lemony (is that a word?) for us. I think 1/2 a lemon would make this perfect and will try that when I make it again. And I think I will make it again! Maybe our lemon was too juicy? If you try this I would recommend adding the lemon juice in quarters and tasting it along the way.


The Goods


1/2 lb. fettuccine.

1 cup frozen peas.

1 tablespoon butter.

3 cloves garlic, minced.

1/2 cup sour cream, (light works well).

juice and zest of one lemon (make your adjustments according to your liking!)

1/2 cup chopped green onions.

1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.

grated Parmesan cheese.


Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last minute of cooking time. Drain pasta in colander. To the same pot, add butter and garlic and cook over low heat for one minute, or until garlic is softened. Add pasta and peas back to pot. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and zest, green onions, and salt and pepper. Warm through.


She recommends serving this with freshly sliced tomatoes. We are not tomato fans so I just served mine with some homemade rolls and it worked very well.

No comments: