Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mmm Mmm Good


Fall at our house means soup! We love it and I bet we eat it once or twice a week-I love it because broth based soups are so good for you, and they warm you right up.


Here is my recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup.


1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast

3 stalks of celery diced

1 onion diced

1 bag of pre sliced carrots or 4 carrots sliced thinly

1 bag of Country pasta


Cut your chicken into bite sized pieces and boil in a large pot. I add a few tablespoons of chicken bullion to make a good chicken stock. Let the chicken cook for about 20 minutes. Then add your veggies. I let all of this simmer together for at least a half hour, adding pepper, more bullion.


Next fill the pot up to the top with water and let it boil once more. Add your country pasta noodles. These noodles make the soup if you ask me. You can't find them at Wal-mart, but at Lees they are on the bottom shelf in the pasta section in a bag. (I meant to take a pic, but forgot...)


Let the noodles cook through, adding more seasoning as you taste the broth. I always seem to add a lot of pepper and bullion, because you keep adding water. You want your broth to be rich and flavorful, so just add till you love the taste.


About 5 minutes before serving add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. This helps thicken the broth and adds a great flavor.


Enjoy!


No comments: