Monday, June 30, 2008

Oreo Cookies


A Family Favorite Amber introduced our family to years ago. Travis begs me to make these. I usually double the cookie recipe so I can send them with him to work.


1 Box Devils food Cake

2 Eggs

3/4 Cup of Shortening


Mix together in mixer till well blended. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. I watch them pretty closely and take them out as soon as they start to crack. Let them cool completely before frosting.


Cream Cheese Frosting


1 8oz. package of cream cheese

1 cube butter softened

1/2 to 3/4 bag of powdered sugar (I just add till it tastes right)

1 tsp vanilla


Put a thick layer of frosting on the bottom of one cookie and top with another.


These are soft and totally perfect tasting cookies. I love to add food coloring for holidays. (Pink for v-day...yellow for Easter...)


Enjoy!

No comments: