Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicken Salad Croissants


Everyone has their favorite recipe for Chicken Salad Croissants. This is one that my mom loves, and I made it for the first time last night...it was really delicious!


So this is a no measurement recipe....but just do what tastes right.


Instead of using broiled chicken, used grilled and chilled chicken. (I used leftover chicken from my chicken club tacos.) The marinade helped to give the salad extra flavor, and the chicken tasted great. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.


Next add some celery. chopped.

Green onions. chopped.

Slivered almonds. (Great for crunch)

I love purple grapes in this too.

Add garlic salt.

Pepper.

Add a few dashes of lemon Juice.


You know the drill and I'm sure you have adapted this to your liking, but I think what makes this recipe so good is the secret ingredient-cream cheese.


Add softened cream cheese and mayo...maybe equal parts. It gives your chicken mixture a great rich taste.


Mix it all together, making sure that there is plenty of the mayo/cream cheese mixture...so it doesn't taste dry, and serve on a croissant.

No comments: