Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Breakfast Pullaparts

I found these beauties over at pickypalate.com. (Her site is amazing and her food is Delicious, not to mention her pictures are drool worthy(so much better than mine) ...check it out.)

These were so much fun, and we all really enjoyed them, though next time I am making them with spinach and bacon...and mozzarella. Yum.

She used Texas sided baking cups for hers, and I realized I didn't have that size just before I made them, so I used a 12 cup pan and made them smaller. I had to alter the recipe a bit to make them work though. To get her recipe click here....And below is my alteration with the smaller cups.

The Goods
1 Can Pillsbury biscuits
1 Cup Broccoli or Spinach, cooked.
1/2 Cup Bacon or Sausage, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
5 eggs
3 tbs milk
1 Cup shredded cheese of choice
Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffins tins with cooking spray. Cut your biscuits into 8 triangles and put 4 or 5 triangles in each tin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Next sprinkle meat and vegetable inside each tin over the biscuits. Next mix your milk and eggs together and pour inside each baking cup. Use a fork to make sure the eggs spread around each side of the biscuit squares. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 28-30 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and browned and a toothpick comes out clean when put in the center. Let Cool for a few minutes before removing them from the tins.
We served them with hash browns and called it dinner... yum.
She recommends serving it with Colulla hot sauce...we had none and they were fantastic without it.

3 comments:

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

mmmm i'm so going to try these. and thanks for the "smaller" version cause i don't have those either.

Melissa Hernandez said...

yummy-those look so tasty!

Unknown said...

These were fantastic. I am making them again when my folks come to visit. Thanks for sharing!