Thursday, October 9, 2008

Chicken Divan

When I was younger this was a favorite, and it was always served with blueberry muffins. (Travis thinks it's soooo weird to have blueberry muffins for dinner), but I made this tonight and served them on the side, and he ate 2. So I guess it's not that weird...right?

The Goods:
2 cups diced cooked chicken (tonight I used leftover Turkey, and it was fab)
2 (10 ounce) packages Frozen Broccoli
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup mayo
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon curry powder (I prefer more, I bet I use about 1 TB.)
2 Cups cheddar cheese
1 cup soft breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine

Pre-heat oven to 350.

Cook your broccoli according to the package, then layer in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Then chop your chicken and layer over the broccoli. I like to put a little bit of Salt and Pepper over this layer, so the broccoli has a great flavor.

Next combine soup, mayo, lemon juice, and curry powder in a large bowl and pour over the broccoli and chicken in the casserole dish.

Sprinkle the cheese on top.

Then combine melted butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes and enjoy! And maybe serve them with Blueberry muffins....I promise it's a good combo.

No comments: