Sunday, July 6, 2008

Steamed Veggies- A healthy version...and a not so healthy version

The not so Healthy version first




Oh my these are delicious! They were brought to us by Natalie a while back, and have been requested by Travis monthly since then. I made them tonight and my dad raved on and on about how perfect they are. Warning though, if you are looking for a healthy side dish, this is not the one...but they are worth every calorie!

Steam

1 bag of mini carrots-I like to slice mine down the middle
3/4 head of cauliflower
2 1/2 cups of broccoli

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

While the oven is heating make the sauce

1 1/2 cubes of butter
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 medium sized cube of Velveeta cheese.

I know you must be thinking...yuck, Velveeta. But trust me, when these all melt together, they taste perfect!

Poor over veggies in a pan, and let cook till bubbly. This makes a heaping 9 by 13 pan-so it serves a large party.




The much healthier version
If you don't feel like all those calories, we also love to steam the same veggies, but add a packet of dry Italian Seasoning to it, and add a little spray butter when you are ready to serve them. They are seriously Delicious too-and even my kids will eat them.

1 comment:

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

You are quite the chef! Everything on your page looks so stinkin good! It's makin me so hungry and it's on 3:00! I'm definantly gonna have to take some of these recipes! Thanks Haylee!